Thursday, February 3, 2011

"I love you"

Some of you may have thought, as I did, that Matt jinxed the chances of Iris saying "I love you, Daddy" anytime soon by writing about it in his las post. But, we were wrong. Just days later, Iris said those very words, to Matt's delight. Naturally, she was in the process of trying to get him to read her a book before having to get dressed (a condition Mama had imposed), but we'll just look beyond the circumstances and appreciate those special words. Since then, she has told both Mama and Daddy that she loves us on multiple occasions. I have to say it is really awesome and absolutely melts our hearts.

It's been a crazy month with record amounts of snow and ice. We've had so many snow days, the parents on the block have started informal play-dates in order to maintain our sanity and not kill our kids. Thank goodness for wonderful neighbors. Hope everyone is faring this winter well!

No comments: